Behr Paint - Deckover paint

I WILL NOT recommend this paint to ANYONE.I paid $158.00 for five gallons of this paint it don't roll like show on TV or paper.You can't pint in the day paint dry up in pan and gets thick coat on it.

I am so DISAPPOINTED in this paint.I would not of spent so dam much money on it I could understand it doing this but. I would take it back to the store if I would not of used it all ready.

I would like my money back.BAD PAINT.I WANT MY MONEY BACK.

More Review Details

Helpful? 188 Yes 188 776 No 776
Had the same issue 259 Yes 259
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 14 #995173 Tyler, Texas

Deck over does work and it looks good when done. The problem is it shows muddy paw prints and foot prints readily and even when following Behr's instructions for cleaning, these are almost impossible to remove . If you use deck over, especially Cape Cod color, be ready ,its like a magnet for dirt adherence ! Requires hours of weekly scrubbing.

0 0 Reply

May 21 #986942

Behr products rock! Anytime...and I mean ANY time you see someone have poor results, it is due to the person, not the product. As the poor grammar and overall illiteracy of the Behr detractors prove, one has to be able to add two and two and get FOUR to be able to successfully use the products, lol! Other than that, it is all in the prep and skill of the person using the product that will determine the results.

2 2 Reply
AZMAN222

Apr 03 #967511 Pine Brook, New Jersey

Behr Deckover SUCKS! I sanded and stripped my deck last spring and applied. By August it was peeling. After ONE winter, the entire thing has to be redone. Giant pieces of it are stripping off. I am EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED. Do NOT buy this product!!!! Going back to stain, or maybe just biting the bullet and going to TREX. Getting tired of doing this every year!

2 2 Reply
Mad

Sep 25, 2014 #875477 Toronto, Ontario

Deck over sucks, I painted deck in June, by late July it blistered(air bubbles)all over deck

1 1 Reply

Sep 20, 2014 #873003

Sept 20, 2014... just applied the 1st coat.. it is thick, but that's what I expected... we will see!

1 0 Reply
Mike

Sep 06, 2014 #866775 Calgary, Alberta

Opened the first can and it won't even spread with a brush.

0 1 Reply
MsLori

Jul 27, 2014 #846827

same here.....nasty nasty! and mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 2 Reply
LogMan

Jul 26, 2014 #846548

As an independant paint contractor, I have been using and recommending Behr Deck over for over a year. Last week I had a customer complain of bad reviews on line. Googling I found this site. Amazing. Many of the problems I've read here are human error and users are not experienced enough to recognize. I have used some sad products and Deck over is not one of them. Deck Over is a great product and inexpensive compared to the life and results. Read over these remarks. Who are you going to believe? DIY'rs with no experience or experienced applicators? Behr stands behind this product, (replacing product) that DIY'rs mis-apply. Chicken little said the sky was falling......what do you believe?

8 0 Reply
JW

Jul 26, 2014 #846268 Clover, South Carolina

Learn how to write and spell. You sound like an illiterate ***.

3 0 Reply
jdmteddy

Jul 12, 2014 #839702 Monroe, Connecticut

Is there a way of thinning this paint, it's too thick to roll?

0 0 Reply

Jul 07, 2014 #836857 Morristown, Tennessee

If you apply it in the sun it will dry too fast. This is why it dried up in your pan.

5 0 Reply
Getitright

Jul 01, 2014 #834480

You *** try following the instructions!!! And learn to spell...oh sorry maybe you can't read!!!

6 1 Reply
Paint Pro

Jul 10, 2014 #838745

I have an extremely high IQ. I can read, write and spell (along with being able to use spell check!). I cleaned, prepped and followed the manufacturers instructions exactly and still had the same problem. I would NOT recommend this product, especially if you have a larger than average sized deck that you are applying Behr Deck Over on.

0 3 Reply
ogre

Jun 29, 2014 #833623

I used this on both my front deck and back deck. I pressure washed the deck first with a deck cleaner and degreaser. I applied the Deck over and it looks great! I like the texture. If your expecting it to fill in huge gaps you are mistaken. It say's will fill in up to a 1/4 space if your expecting more than that then your not reading the instructions. Also if your wood is splintered and all that before you apply its not going to miraculously fix that. This is a really good product. Yes its thicker than regular paint. That is the point. I Give this product a great rating.

3 0 Reply

May 12 #983342

Wait until the next year!!!!!!! You will find out just how good this "stuff" is. I wasted a lot of money on this crappy paint...

0 1 Reply
Texaskid

Jun 29, 2014 #833616

You can't even spell. No wonder it won't work for you.

5 0 Reply
Fred Garvin

Jun 29, 2014 #833526

I am in hospital now, I thought bucket said *** over, put on my *** and now I in hospital. Not for ***, make *** burn.

2 0 Reply
Nofootin

Jun 29, 2014 #833525

I am furious as I applied it to my deck and then tried to go barefootin but instead got baresplinters.

2 0 Reply

Jun 29, 2014 #833629

sounds like you didn't do a good job preparing the deck before hand.

1 1 Reply
screw over

Jun 27, 2014 #833151 Woodbury, New Jersey

I'm with you on the screw over, I'm sorry I ment deck over biggest waste of my time and money . I also want my money back ! If you're thinking about buying deck over Don't !!

2 5 Reply

1-20 of 75 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Behr Paint.
Filing a new complaint about
×