Behr Paint - deckover paint

I WILL NOT recommend this paint to ANYONE.I paid $158.00 for five gallons of this paint it don't roll like show on TV or paper.You can't pint in the day paint dry up in pan and gets thick coat on it.

I am so DISAPPOINTED in this paint.I would not of spent so dam much money on it I could understand it doing this but. I would take it back to the store if I would not of used it all ready.

I would like my money back.BAD PAINT.I WANT MY MONEY BACK.

d4e161d review #414313
184 Helpful? 770
Had the same issue226 Comments68 Report
Had an experience with Behr Paint?  Submit review about this company

Sep 20

Sept 20, 2014... just applied the 1st coat.. it is thick, but that's what I expected... we will see!

0 0 Reply
MsLori

Jul 27

same here.....nasty nasty! and mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 1 Reply
LogMan

Jul 26

As an independant paint contractor, I have been using and recommending Behr Deck over for over a year. Last week I had a customer complain of bad reviews on line. Googling I found this site. Amazing. Many of the problems I've read here are human error and users are not experienced enough to recognize. I have used some sad products and Deck over is not one of them. Deck Over is a great product and inexpensive compared to the life and results. Read over these remarks. Who are you going to believe? DIY'rs with no experience or experienced applicators? Behr stands behind this product, (replacing product) that DIY'rs mis-apply. Chicken little said the sky was falling......what do you believe?

4 0 Reply
Getitright

Jul 01

You *** try following the instructions!!! And learn to spell...oh sorry maybe you can't read!!!

4 1 Reply
Paint Pro

Jul 10

I have an extremely high IQ. I can read, write and spell (along with being able to use spell check!). I cleaned, prepped and followed the manufacturers instructions exactly and still had the same problem. I would NOT recommend this product, especially if you have a larger than average sized deck that you are applying Behr Deck Over on.

0 2 Reply
ogre

Jun 29

I used this on both my front deck and back deck. I pressure washed the deck first with a deck cleaner and degreaser. I applied the Deck over and it looks great! I like the texture. If your expecting it to fill in huge gaps you are mistaken. It say's will fill in up to a 1/4 space if your expecting more than that then your not reading the instructions. Also if your wood is splintered and all that before you apply its not going to miraculously fix that. This is a really good product. Yes its thicker than regular paint. That is the point. I Give this product a great rating.

2 0 Reply
Texaskid

Jun 29

You can't even spell. No wonder it won't work for you.

3 0 Reply
Fred Garvin

Jun 29

I am in hospital now, I thought bucket said *** over, put on my *** and now I in hospital. Not for ***, make *** burn.

1 0 Reply
Nofootin

Jun 29

I am furious as I applied it to my deck and then tried to go barefootin but instead got baresplinters.

0 0 Reply

Jun 29

sounds like you didn't do a good job preparing the deck before hand.

1 0 Reply
screw over

Jun 27 Woodbury, New Jersey

I'm with you on the screw over, I'm sorry I ment deck over biggest waste of my time and money . I also want my money back ! If you're thinking about buying deck over Don't !!

1 4 Reply
The dude

Jun 12

Me got mad at paint. Mony down drane it went. Do not wreckomend to any one. Danged old constructions werent not wrote in american. Me are pissed

9 1 Reply
Betsie

Jun 15

Perhaps you should go back to school and learn English and how to spell.

10 8 Reply
Coffeeman

Jun 17

Betsie, perhaps you should'n be so petty and rude!

3 0 Reply

Jun 22

Me like cookies

2 0 Reply

1-20 of 68 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.